- Application: 0181_NANOEATERS_1_E
- Acronym: NANOeaters
- Title: Transfer and valorisation of nanotechnologies to innovative SMEs (early adopters) of the Euroregion.
- Cooperation Area: 1 – GALICIA – NORTH OF PORTUGAL
- Axis: Smart growth through cross-border cooperation to promote Innovation
- Duration: July 2017 – December 2019
Knowledge and Administration Centres, together with INL, will work to promote technology transfer from Universities and Technology Centres to companies in the Euroregion, trying to promote Nanotechnologies as a catalyst for technological development in the Euro-region Galicia-North of Portugal.
- Total Project Cost (indicative): 4.225.750,67€
- ERDF Total approved: 3.191.813,05€
The 0181_NANOeaters_1_E project is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) through the Interreg VA Spain-Portugal Program (POCTEP) 2014-2020, NANOeaters is a cooperation network between Research centres and Public Institutions to promote the development of solutions market-oriented value-added nanotechnology.
NANOeaters promotes collaboration between Research centres and Innovative SMEs (early adopters), supporting companies in the technology transfer process. The objective is the commercial application of this knowledge in new products and services that provide effective solutions to the weaknesses identified in the Smart Specialization Strategy of Galicia and North of Portugal.
Support the companies of the Euroregion, in the application of value-added nanotechnological solutions, for the definition of new products and/or services, susceptible to commercial exploitation, that offer effective responses to the weaknesses detected in the Smart Specialization Strategy of the Euroregion Galicia – North of Portugal. It is intended to achieve the following benefits:
- To transform the Galicia-North Portugal Strategic Euroregion into an international reference in the field of nanotechnology.
- To be a catalyst for change in the cross-border area.
- To promote future developments in other Iberian regions.
The project will allow the knowledge centres to advance in the technological development of their projects from the Test Concept and Laboratory Analysis stages to the demonstration of the pilot system and the incorporation of commercial design.
Specifically, the result of the capacities developed in 10 Projects or Use Cases by the Technological Research and Development centres will be transferred, which will be materialized in 22 displays and experiments in companies of the Euroregion, which will target products and services suitable for commercial exploitation.